domingo, mayo 17, 2009

Cinema decisions

Regarding cinema I've decided the following:
1. To go to the cinema each tuesday.
2. To go to cineplex cinema on tuesdays.
3. Not to have combo options each time I see a movie in the cinema.
4. To join cinema fans in montreal groups.

Why? Well, I want to be more organized with my cinema habits and at the same time I don't want to spend a lot of money each time I go to the cinema, since before I decided to do so I was showing up myself in the cinema on weekends and spending in average CAN$ 20, so it was not something I could do regularly. I found this combination of decisions much more reasonable. On tuesdays tickets cost CAN$5 and I can also accumulate the same amount of points per ticket to see a movie one weekend, a movie that can even be in IMAX experience! The cinema clubs idea is also interesting because they give me the opportunity to learn or to be interested in learn something new.

Yesterday I went to see Star Trek in IMAX. First time I experience IMAX and is definetely nice. I don't know what other people think about it, but I found even the IMAX presentation worthy enough. After the movie I joined for the first time the cinema club to talk about the movie and I enjoyed a lot the idea even though they didn't speak a lot about Star Trek movie, but at least now I am interested in seeing some episodes of Star Trek (1966), which I didn't know exist. Imagine that!

The next time I will read about the movie predecesors, specially if it is based on series or comics. I am used to read and even see the trailers of the movie before deciding to see a movie, but for some movies that is not enough and Star Trek and Volverine are two good examples.

By the way, I went to see Volverine on tuesday and I went out of the movie room with many quesions because I've never been a fan of the XMEN story, so there I was a kind of lost. Of course I understood what I see, but that is not enough...

Volverine
Director:Gavin Hood

Writers (WGA):David Benioff (screenplay) and
Skip Woods (screenplay)

Genre:Action | Fantasy | Sci-Fi | Thriller more

Plot:Wolverine lives a mutant life, seeks revenge against Victor Creed (who will later become Sabertooth) for the death of his girlfriend, and ultimately ends up going through the mutant Weapon X program.

Cast
Hugh Jackman ... Logan / Wolverine
Liev Schreiber ... Victor Creed / Sabretooth
Danny Huston ... William Stryker
Will i Am ... John Wraith
Lynn Collins ... Kayla Silverfox


Comment:
I didn't know this:
Depending on which theater the movie was shown in, one of two possible endings then appears following the credits. The first depicts Weapon XI's hand reaching out from the rubble of the nuclear complex to touch his severed head. The second alternate scene shows Logan drinking at a bar in Japan. The female bartender asks if he is drinking to forget; Logan replies that he's drinking to remember.


Star Trek (2009)
Director:J.J. Abrams

Writers (WGA):Roberto Orci (written by) &
Alex Kurtzman (written by) ...
more
Release Date:8 May 2009 (Canada) more
Genre:Action | Adventure | Sci-Fi more
Plot:A chronicle of the early days of James T. Kirk and his fellow USS Enterprise crew members

Cast

Chris Pine ... James T. Kirk

Zachary Quinto ... Spock

Leonard Nimoy ... Spock Prime

Eric Bana ... Nero

Bruce Greenwood ... Capt. Christopher Pike

Karl Urban ... Dr. Leonard 'Bones' McCoy

Zoe Saldana ... Nyota Uhura

Simon Pegg ... Scotty

John Cho ... Hikaru Sulu
Anton Yelchin ... Pavel Chekov

Ben Cross ... Sarek

Winona Ryder ... Amanda Grayson

Chris Hemsworth ... George Kirk

Jennifer Morrison ... Winona Kirk

Rachel Nichols ... Gaila

1 comentario:

Bethsabé dijo...

Katy, qué bien escribes en inglés, yo tampoco entendí todo de Wolverine y Star Trek recién van a estrenarla aquí mañana, pero mi papá era fan de la serie, a mí me parece interesante ese futuro que se imaginan, pero no creo que se haga realidad. Bueno, a ver cómo está la película. Nunca he entrado al Imax porque es caro, pero quizá un día pues. Besito